Welcome to MamásLatinas
join our community and talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

What is your preferred language?

English Español
I'm bilingual

By signing up, you certify that you are female, at least 16 years old, and accept the Terms of Service

Chili, beans or no beans??

• 9 Replies
I'm looking for a good chili recipe to make for my boys. They love eating it with crackers &/or cornbread, even in the summer months. It can be with or without beans, they like them all. What's your favorite chili recipe??
Posted on MamásLatinas Mobile

Replies (9) displaying 1-9
Gabycr

I like bean in my chili last year when we move here to Indiana people eat chili with noodles ... AHHHH!!! looks weird but I guess people eat chile different ways even they like chili with PBJ sandwich OMG is just too much for me .. but is justmy opinion.

I like crackers and I put on my chili jalapenos and beer LOL

MamaChristina

Here's my favorite, posted on my website:

http://mamashighstrung.com/blog/2012/02/plated-served-texas-red-chili/

I also have a white chili recipe on my website... let me know what you think and buen provecho!

catalina

LOL my boys eat chili with noodles.  They say its good, i just take their word for it :)

Quoting Gabycr:

I like bean in my chili last year when we move here to Indiana people eat chili with noodles ... AHHHH!!! looks weird but I guess people eat chile different ways even they like chili with PBJ sandwich OMG is just too much for me .. but is justmy opinion.

catalina

Gracias Christina.  It looks easy enough for me to make.  I will def be trying it soon and let u know how it turns out.

Quoting MamaChristina:

Here's my favorite, posted on my website:

http://mamashighstrung.com/blog/2012/02/plated-served-texas-red-chili/

I also have a white chili recipe on my website... let me know what you think and buen provecho!

mamiof3bambinos

Last year I went on a fast called the Daniel fast at church for 21 days. Anyway its a strict vegan diet..I found a chili recipe and it was soooo good. I use it except I put meat in it! lol..here it is.

Vegetarian Choup (chili-soup)4 large servings (7 pts per serving)
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
2 cups diced tomatoes with juice (can get from can)
1 1/2 cups tomato sauce (no sugar)
1 - 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 - 15 oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 - 15 oz can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried marjoram
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp ground cumin
1/4-1/2 tsp of salt or about 15 twist on grinder
1/4-1/2 tsp or pepper or about 15 twist on grinder

and of course I add ground beef..only one lb..cooked..you can make it two ways, crock pot or stove top..me I just do stove top for 30 mins..

just throw everything in and simmer on medium for 30!

catalina

Thanks mami.  This is great since i have one son who is leaning towards being a vegitarian.

Quoting mamiof3bambinos:

Last year I went on a fast called the Daniel fast at church for 21 days. Anyway its a strict vegan diet..I found a chili recipe and it was soooo good. I use it except I put meat in it! lol..here it is.

Vegetarian Choup (chili-soup)4 large servings (7 pts per serving)
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
2 cups diced tomatoes with juice (can get from can)
1 1/2 cups tomato sauce (no sugar)
1 - 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 - 15 oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 - 15 oz can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried marjoram
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp ground cumin
1/4-1/2 tsp of salt or about 15 twist on grinder
1/4-1/2 tsp or pepper or about 15 twist on grinder

and of course I add ground beef..only one lb..cooked..you can make it two ways, crock pot or stove top..me I just do stove top for 30 mins..

just throw everything in and simmer on medium for 30!

rock_chica81

I like eating chili with beans unless it's on a hot dog. If I'm doing chili dogs then I need it without beans.  I've yet to find a good recipe so I look forward to seeing what everyone posts.

Poodles

I like beans, preferably kidney beans. 

I don't have a recipe saved online, but I like a more mild chili.  We don't fix it too often. 

Gabycr

LOL really ... you c ... I had chili for first time in Chicago and is no noodles there.. just beans and meat .. later a neighboor invite us for chili and she put jalapenos and beer ... and last year when we move here to Indiana they put noodles .. I wan to go to a chili tournament to check the differents ingredients.

Oh when my son likes something I go for it .. he is picky so I'm w you I take the word  :)

Quoting catalina:

LOL my boys eat chili with noodles.  They say its good, i just take their word for it :)

Quoting Gabycr:

GABY☀