This weekend breakfast
- ¾ cup pasteurized egg whites (that’s 6 egg whites)
- ½ tsp fresh basil, chopped
- Pinch salt and pepper
- About 6-8 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- About 20g unripened goat cheese
- Coat a medium (10”) non-stick pan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat
- Add the mushrooms, sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook until nice and golden brown, then flip to the other side and cook until that side gets nice and brown.
- Add green onions and cook until fragrans, about a minute. Remove from pan and set aside. Wipe pan clean, coat with more cooking spray and return to heat.
- Add the egg whites, basil salt and pepper into a small mixing bowl and give this a quick whisk with a fork (or mini whisk, if you have one) until slightly frothy
- Poor that mixture onto the preheated pan and swirl it around a little bit to spread your omelette evenly over the entire surface of the pan. Cover loosely (a pizza pan works wonders for this) and cook for about 5 minutes, until almost completely set and opaque.
- Spread the mushrooms and green onions on one side of your omelette then sprinkle with goat cheese. Fold "empty" side of the omelette over this filling.
- Delicately slide omelette onto serving plate and serve with a few fresh vegetables of your choice
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND !!! MAMIS!!!