Top 10 Healing Foods
1. Beans- they are high in B vitamins, magnesium, iron, zinc, and fiber. A cup a day is recommended.
2. Broccoli- just 1/2 cup several times a week supplies your required intake of vitamin C, A & B, plenty of minerals and calcium and magnesium. It is also rich in fiber.
3. Orange- full of cold-fighting vitamin C, bioflavonoids, potassium and more. Eat at least one a day.
4. Apples- tasty and thirst quenching. Good source of fiber, potassium and a few minerals. An apple day is good for you after all!
5. Bananas- containing vitamins B & C and fiber, they're also good for potassium and magnesium. Great for an energy boost, too.
6. Water- flushes toxins out, keeps organs operating smoothly, hydrates skin and gives a feeling of fullness. 8-12 8oz glasses a day is recommended depending on activity level.
7. Sesame seeds- calcium, magnesium, fiber and minerals are found in these tiny powerhouse seeds. 2 tablespoons a day contributes toward mineral requirement.
8. Garlic- keep Dracula...and bacteria...away by eating a clove or two each day. This natural antioxidant cuts cholesterol, wards off infection soothes sore throat, protects your heart, and even kills athlete's foot fungus! One ounce of garlic is filled with vitamin C, B1, potassium, sulfur and iron.
9. Salmon- a rich source of omega-3 fats which prevent heart problems and lessens symptoms of arthritis and PMS. One or more servings a week is recommended.
10. Shellfish- shrimp, scallops, oysters etc are high in beauty nutrients such as Protein, B-vitamins, iron, zinc and copper. Two servings per week recommended.
Are there any foods you consume regularly that you feel contribut to your health and overall well-being?