Here's My Dinner----What's Yours? 8/3
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 36 jumbo pasta shells
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- Fill a pot with water, bring to a boil, and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook the shrimp in the simmering water until they turn pink and opaque, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain the shrimp, and cut in half; mix the shrimp, sour cream, and Swiss cheese in a bowl.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x12-inch baking dish.
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the pasta shells, and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 13 minutes. Gently remove the shells with a slotted spoon. Stuff 18 shells with about 1 1/2 tablespoon of the shrimp mixture, place them in the prepared baking dish, then cover each stuffed shell with another shell to enclose the filling.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir the mushrooms and green onions until the mushrooms give up their juice, about 3 minutes. Stir in the flour, white wine, salt, pepper, and half-and-half cream. Cook, stirring often, until thickened and smooth. Pour the sauce over the stuffed shells. Sprinkle the top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cheese has melted and begun to brown and the sauce is bubbling, about 25 minutes.