Here's My Dinner---What's Yours?
Artichoke Chicken Fettuccine
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the chicken, bacon, onion and red pepper until chicken is no longer pink; drain and keep warm.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add the broth, milk and mustard. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in cheese and artichokes. Remove from the heat; stir in mayonnaise and chicken mixture. Drain fettuccine; serve with chicken mixture. Yield: 4 servings.