Here's My Dinner---What's Yours? 8/28
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (1-pound) boneless sirloin steak, trimmed (about 1/2 inch thick)
- cooking spray
- 4 (1-ounce) slices sourdough bread
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1 cup halved and sliced cucumber
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 1 (16-ounce) bag classic iceberg salad mix (such as Dole's)
- 1/2 cup fat-free ranch dressing
- How to make it
- Heat a nonstick grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Preheat broiler.
- To prepare steak, combine the first 5 ingredients; rub evenly over both sides of steak. Coat grill pan with cooking spray. Cook steak 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from pan; let stand 5 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices.
- While steak stands, prepare salad. Place bread slices on a baking sheet. Broil 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Rub cut sides of garlic halves over bread slices. Cut bread into (3/4-inch) cubes. Combine bread cubes, tomatoes, cucumber, onion, and lettuce in a large bowl. Add dressing, tossing gently to coat. Divide salad evenly among 4 plates; top with steak.