Welcome to MamásLatinas
join our community and talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

What is your preferred language?

English Español
I'm bilingual

By signing up, you certify that you are female, at least 16 years old, and accept the Terms of Service

What do you make in the microwave? Que preparas en la microndas?

• 12 Replies

I boil potatoes, cook bacon, make easy quesadillas and lots of other stuff in the microwave, what do you make in it?

Yo coso papas, hago tocino, hago quesadillas faciles, y otras cosas en la micro ondas, y tu que cocinas en ella?

Replies (12) displaying 1-10
Poodles

The girls use it to heat up leftovers for their lunch---I don't hardly EVER use it.  I only go near it to clean it. 

paola1984

cleaning it sucks, you get the dirty part lol

Quoting Poodles:

The girls use it to heat up leftovers for their lunch---I don't hardly EVER use it.  I only go near it to clean it. 

mimi1207

I dont really make anything, but I warm up leftovers there as well. and yes cleanning it sucks!! so does cleanning everything in the kitchen when you cook or eat!!LOL..

paola1984

I like cooking bacon in there because it doesnt stink the whole house up and get all smoky.  I put a bunch of paper towels under the strips and severeal on top and it comes out pretty crispy like I like it.  I just keep putting mor eminute and until I have it like I want it. 

Quoting mimi1207:

I dont really make anything, but I warm up leftovers there as well. and yes cleanning it sucks!! so does cleanning everything in the kitchen when you cook or eat!!LOL..

mimi1207

sounds good. I do also cook frozen stuff, like I buy morning star breakfast things or other frozen breakfast patties and its much easier and quicker than the oven.... 

cafecito / cafecito

Quoting paola1984:

I like cooking bacon in there because it doesnt stink the whole house up and get all smoky.  I put a bunch of paper towels under the strips and severeal on top and it comes out pretty crispy like I like it.  I just keep putting mor eminute and until I have it like I want it. 

Quoting mimi1207:

paola1984

well the microwave saves energy too thats why I like it

Quoting paola1984:

I boil potatoes, cook bacon, make easy quesadillas and lots of other stuff in the microwave, what do you make in it?

Yo coso papas, hago tocino, hago quesadillas faciles, y otras cosas en la micro ondas, y tu que cocinas en ella?

paola1984

I also cook up that instant rice and instant oatmeal, it saves time, washing a pan, and doesnt make a mess

Bishita

Nada, solo lo uso para calentar la comida q queda d dias pasados dicen q es malo concinar en ellos no? 

Elena2012

Not too crazy about microwaves...I do warm up milk, oatmeal, tea, make a baked potato, thaw out frozen soups, but not really for cooking : (

MrsDianaB
Bacon mostly. In the summer I will use it to make brownies and corn bread so I don't have to turn on the oven.
Posted on MamásLatinas Mobile