Welcome to MamásLatinas
join our community and talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

What is your preferred language?

English Español
I'm bilingual

By signing up, you certify that you are female, at least 16 years old, and accept the Terms of Service

Artichoke Spinach Casserole Recipe

• 4 Replies
</body>

Artichoke Spinach Casserole Recipe

Ingredients

• 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
  • 1/3 cup chicken broth
  • 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup evaporated milk
  • 4 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
  • 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, drained
  • 2 cans (14 ounces each) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and thinly sliced
  • 1 cup (8 ounces) Daisy Brand Sour Cream
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 3 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • Paprika, optional

Directions

• In a large skillet, cook mushrooms and broth over medium heat until tender, about 3 minutes. Remove mushrooms with a slotted spoon and set aside.
  •    Whisk flour and milk until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in spinach, tomatoes and mushrooms.
  •    Place half of the artichoke in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with half of the spinach mixture. Repeat layers. Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper; dollop over casserole. Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
  •    Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 12-14 servings.

Replies (4) displaying 1-4
paola1984

yummm this sounds so good and its healthy to

Applepiejoy

You are making me hungry!!! It looks delicious....

Somos Joyas preciosas :()
Poodles

This casserole needs work....it was dry, I think it would help if the veggies were sauteed in butter.  But yes, except for the mayo, it's a healthy choice. 

CrissPenaDelao

Quoting Poodles:

This casserole needs work....it was dry, I think it would help if the veggies were sauteed in butter.  But yes, except for the mayo, it's a healthy choice. 

Tks. for sharing.. this sounds yummy like every single recipe of yours... =)