Recetas para tiempo frio ~ Cold weather recipes

• 8 Replies

¿Cuáles son sus recetas favoritas durante el tiempo frío?

What are your favorite cold weather recipes?

Replies (8) displaying 1-8
ctouzet

HEARTY PASTA FASUL

1/2 box of Ditalini Pasta

1 can of Tuttorosso Tomato Puree With Basil, 29oz

2 large boxes or cans of Beef Stock

1 - 2 cans of Small White Navy Beans 15.5 oz (depending on your preference for beans) - puree 1/2 & keep 1/2 whole

1 plum tomato

1 large carrot

1 celery stalk

1 small white onion

4 - 6 slices of pancetta (I buy pre-packed near deli section)

Extra Virgen Olive Oil

Parmesan Cheese

Fresh Basil

------------------------------------------------------------------

Chop pancetta slices to fine/small pieces.  Add to a hot large soup pot.  Lower heat to medium/low (crisp, but do not burn pancetta).  While pancetta is cooking puree carrot, celery & onion (together) finely in a food processor.  Once pancetta is crispy, add the veggie puree to the pot & cook till tender.  Meanwhile in same food processor (no need to wash) add 1/2 can to 1 full can of beans & puree to a paste.  Add to pot.  Add entire can of pureed tomatoes & all beef stock.  Chop plum tomato & add to pot.  Add reamining whole beans to pot.  Allow all this to simmer for at least 1/2hr on low heat.   Add 1/2 box of pasta & continue to simmer till tender.  Just before serving add fresh chopped basil.  

Once served in bowl, drizzle with a swirl of olive oil & a tsp of parmesan cheese.  Accompany with a nice crusty bread - Yum!

Mama_Mikki

I do a lot of caldos when it is cold.  My family loves oxtail soup, chicken and rice soup, pozole, albondigas and most of all menudo.

DyanaJay
My son LOVES oxtail soup, he calls it Salad soup because i put alot of cabbage leaves in it lol!
Quoting Mama_Mikki:

I do a lot of caldos when it is cold.  My family loves oxtail soup, chicken and rice soup, pozole, albondigas and most of all menudo.

DyanaJay

I love to make picadillo when it's cold =)

RainyRain

Caldo de Pollo. =)

karma729

SANCOCHO, ES LO QUE ME GUSTA PERO NO HE PODIDO APRENDER A COMO HACERLO. ME ENCANTA EL SANOCHO DE MI MAMA Y MI PAPA.

ctouzet

Try this one.  I've made it 2xs so far & YUMMM.  Last time I added little pork ribs too.  It was delicious!

Sancocho

Serves 6

It is said of a person who has been under the sweltering sun that he is sancochao - blistering hot or "stewing." This Puerto Rican stew best illustrates the one-step cooking method, a typical food preparation that has prevailed for five hundred years in Puerto Rican homes, primarily because it allows the latitude for batch cooking a nutritious meal in a single pot.

2 tablespoons olive oil
5 garlic cloves, minced
1-1/2 pounds top round beef, cubed into 1-1/2-inch pieces 
1/3 cup chopped yellow onions
1/3 cup chopped green pepper
1/3 cup chopped celery 
1 aji dulce; seeded and minced
5 sprigs of cilantro, chopped
1 teaspoon salt 
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 medium tomatoes, cored and chopped
4 quarts beef stock
2 green bananas, peeled and slice into 1-inch pieces
1 yellow plantain, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
1 medium sweet potato (1/2 pound), diced into 1-inch pieces
1/2 pound butternut squash, peeled and cubed into 1-inch pieces 
3 medium new potatoes, scrubbed clean and quartered 
1 large chayote, peeled, cored, and diced into 1-inch pieces 
2 ears of white corn, cleaned and sliced into 6 parts each

Preparation
In a preheated kettle over low-to-medium heat, combine olive oil, garlic, beef cubes, and onions, stir until beef is brown on all sides and onions begin to caramelize. Fold in chopped pepper, celery, aji dulce, cilantro, salt, pepper, tomatoes, and 1 quart of beef stock. Cook down until stock is reduced by half.

Stir beef, then fold in all the remaining vegetables and beef stock. Continue to cook until meat is tender and the vegetables soft.

Serving Suggestions: Since this soup contains beef and vegetables, it is hearty already. Serve alongside a freshly baked french bread and use the bread to soak up some of this delicious flavor.

Quoting karma729:

SANCOCHO, ES LO QUE ME GUSTA PERO NO HE PODIDO APRENDER A COMO HACERLO. ME ENCANTA EL SANOCHO DE MI MAMA Y MI PAPA.

miacarysima

la sopas y caldos y chocolate y hornear galletas o pasteles o panquesitos

En amorMiacaryRosa roja