Enseñando tus.... ~ Are you teaching...

• 11 Replies
  • 1 mom liked this

¿Están enseñando tus hijos a cocinar?

Are you teaching your children to cook?

Replies (11) displaying 1-10
bella_latina
When my oldest turns 9 I will gradually let her. Right now they help set the table and get things for me from the pantry
ctouzet

Yes, knowing how to cook well & be able to prepare a decent meal for get togethers is a big thing in my family (& for most hispanics, no?) so yes, I have my kids actively involved with me when I cook.  They may not yet know how to put it all together, but they know the ingredients & know some of the steps, which is the perfect start.

renee4212

Quoting ctouzet:

Yes, knowing how to cook well & be able to prepare a decent meal for get togethers is a big thing in my family (& for most hispanics, no?) so yes, I have my kids actively involved with me when I cook.  They may not yet know how to put it all together, but they know the ingredients & know some of the steps, which is the perfect start.

This is was how my mom taught me as well. Since I was very young.

^*Renee*^

DyanaJay

I am teaching my kids how to cook.  I'm lucky that they love to be in the kitchen so it's not difficult.

RainyRain

Todavia no, solo tienen 4 y 2 a~os, pero cuando esten mas grandes les ensenare lo basico.

marly

Bueno yo estoy empesando a enseñarle como preparar ensaladas de frutas y le gusta mucho!!! aunque no  come de todas las frutas todabia.

Poodles

Yes!  My oldest is 16 and she is doing a very good job!  She prepares many of our meals now. 

Kimberlyrose83
Yes, I want to. My oldest is 8, and I let him do things here and there. My other 2 our still to young. I will let my 5 year old mix things, but he usually isn't intrested. Lol

I do hope to have them fully cooking by the time they are teens though.
Posted on MamásLatinas Mobile
MamisAngels

My boys are almost 9 & 8, my daughter just turned 6. The boys enjoy helping gather ingredients, wash vegetables etc, even stirring up something if I'm busy cutting/chopping. My daughter is still a bit young but I have her help with getting ingredients together, mixing, washing etc. my oldest has said he wants to be a chef when he grows up, lol. Either way, unless it's pouring a bowl of cereal, anything cooking related is always supervised with me right in the kitchen with them. They've tried convincing me to let them do it all alone but not yet. No cutting or anything too close to the stove. I learned by watching, helping with little things, so I'm sure they'll do well learning the same way. If anything they do more at their age than my mom allowed me to do. They'll be "advanced learners" when it's time to really get them started ;) 

GraceMK Beauty Consultant & Proud MamaLatina

latiadtdos

My three older children ages 25, 23, and 20 know how to cook and I taught them at a very young age but now **smiles with guilt** my 15 year old......she doesn't know how to cook and my older children get on to me about that. I never hear the end of it **smiles** "That's not fair because when we were Veronica's age we had to learn how to cook." then another cuts in and says "No, we already knew how to cook when we were Veronica's age. Momma has her spoiled." LoL

I am going to start teaching her how to cook though but it is kind of hard because she is very active in sports and by the time she comes home supper is already made (most of the time) :) I guess I could teach her on the weekends when she is home and not away at a game or practice. I am going to start though (Smiles)