Learn how to navigate the site here!

• 13 Replies
  • 7 moms liked this

Bienvenidas is a great place to get started on MamásLatinas - everyone is welcome!  Come here to talk, get advice and make friends!

HERE'S A GUIDE TO HELP YOU NAVIGATE THE SITE:

1.  HOW TO FIND A GROUP AND JOIN

Step 1:  To find a group, click on "Groups" in the menu at the top of the page, and then "Find Groups."  You will be taken to a page that lists all the groups in MamásLatinas.

Step 2:  Click on the group you want to join.  You will be taken to a page with recent posts on the group. 

Step 3:  Click on "Join Group" at the top of the page on the right.

2. HOW TO REPLY TO A POST 

Step 1:  Click on the post that you want to reply to. 

Step 2:  Click on the "Reply" button at the top of the post.When the text box opens, type your reply. 

Step 3:  Once you've finished, click on the "Submit" button. Your reply will be shared with the other group members!   Another way is to type your reply in the box at the bottom of the post and click "Submit".

3. HOW TO REPLY TO A MOM THAT REPLIED TO A POST

If you like a mom's reply in a post or you want to make a comment about her reply, you can quote her.

Step 1: Go to the reply of the mom you wanted to reply back to. Click on "Quote"

Step 2: Add your reply.

4. HOW TO ADD A NEW POST TO A GROUP 

If you want to ask for advice or bring up a new topic for discussion, you can add a new post to a group. 

Step 1:  Click on the "Add a Post" button at the top (or at the bottom) of the list of posts.

5. HOW TO ADD A FRIJOLITO TO YOUR POST

Read this post for the steps: Add a frijolito to your posts and replies

6. HOW TO FOLLOW A MOM 

If you like a particular mom's conversations and you'd like to follow her. 

Step 1:  Click on the "Follow" link next to any mom's picture to follow them.  You can follow as many moms as you'd like. 

You'll see their latest posts and posts they like in the "Moms I follow" page (see #6).

7. HOW TO SEE THE POSTS FROM THE MOMS YOU FOLLOW 

Step 1:  To see the moms latest posts and likes from the moms you follow, go to "Mamás" in the menu at the top of the page.

Step 2:  Click on "Moms I follow" from the drop-down menu. 

You will then see a list of the "Latest From Moms I Follow" including posts, likes, and activities from the moms you are following.

8. HOW TO SEE THE MOMS YOU ARE FOLLOWING 

Step 1:  To see the moms that you are following, go to "Mamás" in the menu at the top of the page 

Step 2:  Click on "Following List" from the drop-down menu.  You will see a list of the moms you are following.

9. HOW TO SEE THE MOMS THAT FOLLOW YOU 

Step 1:  To see the moms that are following you, go to "Mamás" in the menu at the top of the page 

Step 2:  Click on "Follower List" from the drop-down menu.  You will see a list of the moms who are following you, that is, moms that want to see your latest posts and are interested in your comments and posts.

10. HOW TO SEND A PRIVATE MESSAGE 

Private messages are like internal emails you can send to other members of MamásLatinas. 

Step 1:  To send a private message, click on the "Message" link next to any mom's picture. 

Step 2:  When the text box opens, type your message. 

Step 3:  Once you've finished, click on the "Send" button.

11. HOW TO VIEW YOUR MESSAGES 

Step 1:  Go to the small envelope icon at the top right corner of the page. 

Step 2:  In the drop down menu, you will see the messages you have received. 

Step 3:  You can click on one message to read it. You can then reply, delete, or save it, by clicking on the "Reply", "Delete", or "Save" links.  You can also go to your inbox to see all your messages. 

Step 1:  Go to the small envelope icon at the top right corner of the page. 

Step 2:  In the drop down menu, click "Inbox." You will see a list of all the messages you have received in your "Inbox" tab.  You can also see your saves messages in your "Saved" tab and your sent messages on your "Sent" tab.

12. HOW TO UPDATE YOUR PROFILE 

Step 1:  Go to “My Account” at the top right corner of the page 

Step 2:  Click “My Profile” from the drop-down menu.

13. HOW TO UPLOAD PHOTOS TO YOUR PROFILE (up to 5) 

Step 1:  Click “Update Avatar,” and then browse and select the photo you want to upload and click “Open.” 

Step 2:  To upload other photos of you and/or your family, click “Update New Photo,” and then browse and select the photo you want to upload and click “Open.”

14. HOW TO ADD AN INTRODUCTION ON YOUR PROFILE

To set up your profile so moms could get to know you, follow the steps below:

Step 1:  Click “Update My Statement.” You will be taken to “My Account” page, where you can edit some of your details. 

Step 2:  To edit your introduction, click “Edit” next to “Personal Statement.” Type your intro in the text box that appears. Once you are finished, click “Save Changes.”

Step 3:  To edit your location, click “Edit” next to “Where You Are.” Type your location and then click “Save Changes.” 

Step 4:  To edit your cultural heritage, click “Edit” next to “Heritage.” Choose your country of origin and/ or select where you were born, and then click “Save Changes.”

Step 5:  To say something about how you are a mom, click “Edit” next to “Mom To…” Type your blurb in the text box that appears and then click “Save Changes.”

Step 6:  To update your kids’ information, click “Update Kid Info.” You will be taken to “My Account” page, where you can edit some of your details.

Step 7:  To add a kid, click “Add a Child.” A pop-up window will appear. You can type in your kid’s name, select a gender, birthday, write something about your child, and add a photo. Once you are finished, click “Submit” to go back to the previous page. You can add another kid by following the same steps.

Step 8:  If you are expecting, click “Are you Expecting?” A pop-up window will appear. You can type in your baby’s name (if you have chosen one), select a gender (if it is not a surprise!),due date, and add a photo. Once you are finished, click “Submit” to go back to the previous page.

You can always send me a private message if you have any questions. We hope you enjoy the site!

ML Verónica

Replies (13) displaying 1-10
Kgmmw
Very useful info thank you
Posted on MamásLatinas Mobile
mamawii

Me parece muy interesante esta pagina..es un gusto participar con ustedes chicas.

shirleyb

Hello ladies, I am the mother of 3 children and working for Mary Kay Full time. I love to met new people especially beautiful women that would be interested in looking vs. working with a very successful company.

regalodedios
loves67

thanks always go to know..

friendlygirl

Hola Veronica estoy radicndo en NY y me gustaria conocer y hacer nuevas amistades y por supuesto tambien conocerte a ti saludos y bendiciones a ti a todas las MAMAS LATINAS

friendlygirl

Thank you / Gracias

mamaindia

Hola a todas las mamas latinas

para empezar dejame decir q yo me llamo : Maria Roman

yo tengo cuarto hijos ( 3 hembras y un varon ). soy abuela de 3 y uno mas q viene de camino,Dios permitiendo....soy casada pero no uso el apellido de mi esposo, lol. soy nacida en Puerto Rico pero me crie en NY.. si alguien quiere hacer una amistad afuera del circulo de mamas latinas me pueden pedir la amistad por fb... espero conoce a muchas de ustedes. 

Dios las bendiga a todas...

regalodedios

Welcome! / ¡Bienvenida!Gracias por unirte a Nosotras 

Quoting mamaindia:

Hola a todas las mamas latinas

para empezar dejame decir q yo me llamo : Maria Roman

yo tengo cuarto hijos ( 3 hembras y un varon ). soy abuela de 3 y uno mas q viene de camino,Dios permitiendo....soy casada pero no uso el apellido de mi esposo, lol. soy nacida en Puerto Rico pero me crie en NY.. si alguien quiere hacer una amistad afuera del circulo de mamas latinas me pueden pedir la amistad por fb... espero conoce a muchas de ustedes. 

Dios las bendiga a todas...

regalodedios

Welcome! / ¡Bienvenida!Gracias por unirte a MAMÁ LATINAS

Quoting friendlygirl:

Hola Veronica estoy radicndo en NY y me gustaria conocer y hacer nuevas amistades y por supuesto tambien conocerte a ti saludos y bendiciones a ti a todas las MAMAS LATINAS

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.