Hello Ladies! Am I the only one who doesn't speak espanol?

• 37 Replies
  • 2 moms liked this
*hangs head in shame*

Yes, I'm a Latina that doesn't speak spanish at all. I never learned it growing up. I did take spanish in highschool, but my Mom made me drop the class. She said it wasn't proper spanish, but that it was slang.

I have always wanted to learn, and still hope to one day. Am I the only one here that is like this? Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile

Replies (37) displaying 1-10
bella_latina
Hey!! Welcome!! You are not the only one, there are plenty of other ladies in here that don't. It's totally ok don't be ashamed :-)
I have a friend who learned Spanish by watching the novelas ha ha
Posted on MamásLatinas Mobile
Rosaidam
Hi your not the only one, although I can speak it 100% my writing isn't 100% so I'm still learning to write more in Spanish.
renee4212

Welcome!!! No need to worry about not speaking Spanish. This is a great place for ALL mamas latinas.

gab6784

You are definitely not alone.  Almost all the Spanish I learned was in school since my parents didn't really speak it at home and I only needed to learn basic stuff to talk to my Grandmother.  I can read, write and speak it but its not 100% perfect, I still need lots of help lol.

Kimberlyrose83
Thank you Ladies.
RainyRain

Hi Kimberlyrose83

Welcome to MamasLatinas.

Where are you from? Do you have children? 

Kimberlyrose83
Hi, and Thank you!

I'm from New Mexico, born and raised.

I have 3 boys, ages 8, (almost) 5, and 2. I'm 28, and married, I'm a stay at home mom.

Quoting RainyRain:

Hi Kimberlyrose83

Welcome to MamasLatinas.

Where are you from? Do you have children? 

Kgmmw
Who me?? Lol

Quoting bella_latina:

Hey!! Welcome!! You are not the only one, there are plenty of other ladies in here that don't. It's totally ok don't be ashamed :-)

trendymom77

she didnt say kimmy lol

Quoting Kgmmw:

Who me?? Lol

Quoting bella_latina:

Krise
I don't speak it either.