Welcome to MamásLatinas
join our community and talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

What is your preferred language?

English Español
I'm bilingual

By signing up, you certify that you are female, at least 16 years old, and accept the Terms of Service

~Exercise during Pregnancy~

• 4 Replies

Before you begin an exercise program, talk to your doctor about getting physically active during your pregnancy. As long as you don’t have any pregnancy-related problems, your doctor probably will encourage you to be physically active.

Aim for 2 hours and 30 minutes a week of moderate aerobic activities.

• If you weren’t physically active before, start slowly. Spread your physical activity out over the week.
  • Choose activities that make your heart beat faster, like walking fast, dancing or raking leaves. You should still be able to talk during these activities.
  • Drink extra water before, during and after your workout.
  • Take a break if you get short of breath or feel uncomfortable.

Family Tree / Family TreeHAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Replies (1-4):
glamorous_mami

I use to do water acrobats, it was fun and helped throughout my pregnancy :) 

Elena2012

That's great! I have some friends that play tennis everytime I see them I can't believe my eyes!Also in my yoga studio they have special classes for expectant mommies....so cool!bendiciones / bendiciones

Quoting glamorous_mami:

I use to do water acrobats, it was fun and helped throughout my pregnancy :) 

MrsDianaB
I didn't excersise but I really couldn't because I had trouble breathing the further along I got.
Posted on MamásLatinas Mobile
Elena2012
1 mom liked this

Hi Mrs Diana,

That is why we need to follow the dr's advice on exercising during pregnancy...

bendiciones / bendiciones

Quoting MrsDianaB:

I didn't excersise but I really couldn't because I had trouble breathing the further along I got.