51 Uses for Coca-Cola
The original article is above, but seriously some of this stuff, I'd NEVER think to use Coca-Cola for. Lol.
1. Remove grease stains from clothing and fabric
2. Remove rust; methods include using fabric dipped in Coke, a sponge or even aluminum foil. (I just have to wonder though, if it is strong enough to clean away rust, what is it doing to our stomach lining?!?)
3. Remove blood stains from clothing and fabric.
4. Make gooey Coke funnel cakes . (Sounds yummy!)
5. Clean oil stains from a garage floor; let the stain soak, hose off.
6. Loosen a rusty bolt; pour on some Coke and wait for the magic to happen.
7. Kill slugs and snails; a small bowl of Coke will attract them, the acid will kill them.
8. Help a lawn become lush and green (see my lawn tonic article here )
9. Prevent an asthma attack! Apparently, the caffeine in two 12oz cans can prevent the onset of an attack. (I NEVER knew that! Why don't doctors tell us this!?!)
10. Defrost a frozen windshield. Apply liberally and wait (I’ll see if this works in winter)
11. Clean burnt pans; let the pan soak in the Coke, then rinse. (Really!?! That is awesome! I need to buy more Coke!)
12. Descale a kettle using the same method in 11.
13. Neutralize a jellyfish sting.
14. Clean car battery terminals by pouring a small amount of Coke over each one.
15. Cure nausea; let a can of Coke go flat then take a teaspoon of Coke every hour. (This would have been good to know last week when I was just queasy for no reason!)
16. Also, flat coke can help relieve an upset stomach (aka “the runs”) (Definitely need to buy some Coke for when S/O or DS get an upset tummy)
17. Make a Mentos & Coke exploding fountain. This one takes a 2-liter bottle of Coke. (This should be a fun science experiment with the kids when I start homeschooling come Sept.)
18. Get rid of hiccups; gargle with a big mouthful of ice-cold Coke.
19. Shake up a can and pour it over your windshield to remove bugs and other crud.
20. Use the method in 19 for your car bumpers, too.
21. Clean your engine; Coke distributors have been using this technique for decades.
22. Relieve congestion; boil a can of Coke and drink while hot to clear you up. (Really?!? Who needs cold medicine!?! This is awesome!)
23. Make a sweet BBQ sauce. Mix a can of Coke with ketchup and brush over ribs or chicken.
24. Baste a ham roast with Coke as it cooks. The sugars will caramelize; the ham will be moist. (Can't wait to try this!!)
25. Add a can of coke to your pot roast to tenderize it and add extra flavor. (Thanks Linsey).
26. Make pretty pennies; soaking old pennies in Coke will remove the tarnish.
27. Make your hair curly; pour flat Coke onto long hair, leave for a few minutes then rinse.
28. Age documents and photos; for that antique look, apply Coke, pat with paper, leave to dry.
29. Clean tile grout; pour onto kitchen floor, leave for a few minutes, wipe up.
30. Mix a can of Coke with a packet of Italian seasoning; cook a tough steak in it.
31. Make better compost; Coke increases the acidity, adds sugars and feeds microorganisms.
32. Dissolve a tooth in it; Use a sealed container, this takes ages. Why would you want to though, unless you’re Hannibal Lecter? (Creepy!! But again, this could be a good science experiment with the kids. Maybe it will keep them from wanting soda! LOL!)
33. Remove gum from hair; dip into a small bowl of Coke, leave a few minutes. Gum will wipe off.
34. Get silky skin; mix a spoonful of Coke with regular lotion and apply liberally.
35. Make low-fat brownies .
36. Pour a little in a cup and set it out an hour before a picnic, away from your site; it will attract wasps and bees so they’re not bugging you and your grub. (Interesting!!)
37. Remove stains from vitreous china. More info on vitreous materials here .
38. Got a dirty pool? Add two 2-liter bottles of Coke to clear up the water (it acts as rust remover).
39. Add Coke to your laundry to remove bad smells, especially fish. (Very cool!)
40. Remove (or fade) dye from hair by pouring diet Coke over it. (OMG! What color would my hair really be if I took out the dye?!?!)
41. Mop a floor with Coke to make it sticky. It’s a movie industry trick to stop actors slipping.
42. Remove marker stains from carpet. Apply Coke, scrub, then clean with soapy water. (Dang! Where was this tip when I used to have my own child care center plus carpeting!?)
43. Clean a toilet; pour around bowl, leave for a while, flush clean. (Apparently, who needs Clorox bleach?)
44. Apply to skin for a deep tan (although this seems like a recipe for skin cancer to me).
45. Supposedly, drinking an 8oz can of Coke every day can prevent kidney stones.
46. Add it to a Sloppy Joe mix
47. Perk up your Azaleas or Gardenias.
48. Coke and aluminum foil will bring Chrome to a high shine.
49. Strip paint off metal furniture; soak a towel in Coke, sit it on the surface for days. Make sure you keep adding Coke to keep the towel wet. (Seems like a hassle, I’d rather buy paint stripper.)
50. Add it to vodka, rum or bourbon. (Yummy! I'm sure we all know this one! LOL)
51. Drink it straight from the can, if you can (DUH!!)