Fad Diets

• 4 Replies

Have you ever tried a fad diet? Did it work out well? Are you still on the diet?

Replies (4) displaying 1-4
NatVee45

I don't believe I have. I can't do low carbs for anything!

amanda.nyc

I've tried the south beach diet and a diet called "velocity" - both eliminate bad carbs and are mostly protein diets. It works if you stay focused and I had lost 10 pounds on the velocity diet but then gained it back a year later. I'm trying to diet again but it's very hard to stay on it!

NatVee45

The South Beach diet is probably the only one I would give a try. It doesn't seem so restricting.

Quoting amanda.nyc:

I've tried the south beach diet and a diet called "velocity" - both eliminate bad carbs and are mostly protein diets. It works if you stay focused and I had lost 10 pounds on the velocity diet but then gained it back a year later. I'm trying to diet again but it's very hard to stay on it!

gab6784

No I haven't tried any - it is very hard for me to limit carbs (cause I LOVE them) and a lot of these fad diets are just that...FADS.  These are not lifestyle changes, they may help people lose weight but 90% of them gain the weight back within a year which is pretty sad and I would be super frustrated if that were me.