What foods do you avoid? ~ ¿Cual comida evitas?

• 10 Replies

What do you know you have to avoid so you don't gain weight? Is it difficult to avoid? Can you avoid that particular food for good?

¿Cual comida sabes que necesitas evitar para no ganar peso? ¿Es difícil para ti? ¿Puedes evitar la comida particular permanentemente?

Replies (10) displaying 1-10
NatVee45

Trato de evitar pan pero es muy dificil. Tambien arroz blanco.

gab6784

When I was first losing weight I didn't omit any food, I ate all the same crap (fast food, soda, candy, etc) but when I finally decided that I needed to eat better I decided to leave most of that behind.  Soda was probably the hardest because I used to drink so much of it and I hated water (back then) and it was like what I am I supposed to drink? But I did it gradually and now I only drink it if there really is nothing else to drink.  Fast food is also sparingly and usually I stick to the "healthier" stuff there unless I am having a "cheat" day.

ML Michelle

I really need to do away with the Dr. Pepper and Sweet tea. sigh

Millie59

I eliminted all fried foods, but I treat myself to fried porkchops once a month.  Anything salty, I also eliminate.  If I can reduce the fat, salt and sugar, I am good.  I find sea salt healthier and truvia instead of sugar.  If I want to fry I use Olive oil / with Canola oil.  It reduces the saturated fat.   I started baking my dinners or slow cooking it is healthier.

ML Ingrid

Quoting Millie59:

I eliminted all fried foods, but I treat myself to fried porkchops once a month.  Anything salty, I also eliminate.  If I can reduce the fat, salt and sugar, I am good.  I find sea salt healthier and truvia instead of sugar.  If I want to fry I use Olive oil / with Canola oil.  It reduces the saturated fat.   I started baking my dinners or slow cooking it is healthier.

I actually prefer sea salt to iodized salt. How is Truvia compared to sugar? 

DyanaJay

I need to stop drinking Pepsi.  It's so hard to do.  I also need to stay away from sugar in general.  I can do it and have been doing it pretty well thank goodness.

Millie59

Truvia is better tasting than stevia.  I like it better than sugar the texture is smoother.  You can't tell the difference, you can use it to make baked goodies, goon their website and it gives you recipes.

Poodles

I don't deny myself anything.  There are a lot of things I have chosen not to eat---fast food for one, but IF I  want it I will get it.  I've just not wanted it. 

Millie59

If you like Pepsi, drink pepsi MAX, it is the best No CALORIES!!!

latiadtdos

For me not to gain weight I would have to avoid everything...LoL...I have cut out sugars, most carbohydrates and red meats and sodas. I am drinking more water and watching what I eat. However I give myself a break on the weekend but I try not to over do it because then I'd just have to work that much harder the upcoming week to get off what I consumed during the weekend.