Health / Salud

Health / Salud
Welcome to MamásLatinas
join our community and talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

What is your preferred language?

English Español
I'm bilingual

By signing up, you certify that you are female, at least 16 years old, and accept the Terms of Service

Beverages and Lifestyles

• 2 Replies

Types of Beverages

Your body can tell you it’s time to drink, but it can't tell you what to drink. That's up to you. That's why it's important to learn how different beverages fit into your lifestyle.

While all beverages hydrate, some also provide important nutrients your body needs. Some relax you. Some energize you. Some simply satisfy your natural taste for sweetness - with calories or without. Some help you perform your best. And some can even help you manage health concerns. Any beverage can be part of a weight-maintenance diet. For many people who enjoy sweetened coffee drinks, soft drinks and other beverages with calories, this requires using good judgment when it comes to how much (portion size) and how often these beverages are consumed. Fortunately for those who watch their weight, there is also a wide variety of low-calorie thirst-quenching beverages, including waters, teas, coffee, and diet soft drinks.

Learn more about the types of beverages to help you incorporate a variety of beverages into your diet while balancing hydration, nutrition and lifestyle needs.

Family Tree / Family TreeHAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Replies (2) displaying 1-2
Kimberlyrose83

This is good info. I admit I struggle with drinking enough water. I don't know why, but its so hard to drink for me. I have luckily cut way down on soda pop. I only have one a day if that, now I like teas.

Elena2012

Kimberly,

You can add lemon or lime to the water, instead of drinking from a glass drink from a bottle, this might help, try it!

Quoting Kimberlyrose83:

This is good info. I admit I struggle with drinking enough water. I don't know why, but its so hard to drink for me. I have luckily cut way down on soda pop. I only have one a day if that, now I like teas.

Family Tree / Family TreeHAPPY HOLIDAYS!