Welcome to MamásLatinas
join our community and talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

What is your preferred language?

English Español
I'm bilingual

By signing up, you certify that you are female, at least 16 years old, and accept the Terms of Service

STOP feeling Stressed!

• 9 Replies

Stop Being Stressed

Stress is part of life, so we cannot hope to eliminate all stress. We can learn to eliminate some unnecessary stresses in our lives and to manage others better, but just wishing it doesn’t make it so.

Identify your key stresses. If they can be avoided by simply NOT doing something, perhaps it’s time to cut those things out of your life. If that’s not an option, you must learn how to manage those stresses and keep them in perspective. Some popular stress reducers are:

• physical exercise
  • massage
  • meditation
  • breathing exercises
  • yoga
  • martial arts like tai chi
  • music
  • professional counseling or therapy

Sign up for courses in relaxation techniques that appeal to you. It may help to engage in these activities on a regular basis and you may find it easier to stick to it if it involves a group setting

Replies (9) displaying 1-9
libelulalatina

When I feel stressed, I take a bath, listen music, do some exercise or go to sleep. It is like it says "avoid doing whatever it makes you feel stressed" =)

Elena2012

I do yoga, tai chi, and exercise this really helps me deal with stress, I am hoping to try meditation but I have to find the right class.

Anonymous

Absolutely nothing new.

straight face / seria

Kimberlyrose83
I read or listen to music.
Posted on MamásLatinas Mobile
Maggie450

Good Information ELena:

Thank you / Gracias

Quoting Elena2012:

Stop Being Stressed

Stress is part of life, so we cannot hope to eliminate all stress. We can learn to eliminate some unnecessary stresses in our lives and to manage others better, but just wishing it doesn’t make it so.

Identify your key stresses. If they can be avoided by simply NOT doing something, perhaps it’s time to cut those things out of your life. If that’s not an option, you must learn how to manage those stresses and keep them in perspective. Some popular stress reducers are:

• physical exercise
  • massage
  • meditation
  • breathing exercises
  • yoga
  • martial arts like tai chi
  • music
  • professional counseling or therapy

Sign up for courses in relaxation techniques that appeal to you. It may help to engage in these activities on a regular basis and you may find it easier to stick to it if it involves a group setting

Elena2012

Thank you Maggie, saludos!

DixieFlower

I have been known to play one of my musical instruments to destress. Sadly with two little ones around time to do that just isn't there anymore.

Elena2012

Hi, what instruments do you play? Try and find "me" time "si se puede!bendiciones / bendiciones

DixieFlower

Piano, clarinet, trombone, and french horn. I used to own a piano but we are going to be moving in May and I didn't want to have the exspense of moving it again so we donated it a few months ago. I still have my clarinet and trombone though. I am working on getting a French Horn of my own. Finding me time is practically impossible. I work a 77 hr week.

Quoting Elena2012:

Hi, what instruments do you play? Try and find "me" time "si se puede!bendiciones / bendiciones