The avocado raises the fat in this dish, but it's all good healthy fats you want in your body, the saturated fat is under 2 grams per serving.
I recently tried La Tortilla Factory's Smart and Delicious corn tortillas with Fiber & Flax, they are loaded with fiber, gluten free and are low in fat. Win win!!
Cilantro Lime Tilapia Tacos
Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 2 tacos • Old Points: 7 pts • Points+: 8 pts
Calories: 319 • Fat: 12 g • Protein: 26.5 g • Carb: 33.7 g • Fiber: 9.7 g • Sugar: 3.6 g
Sodium: 76.2 mg (without salt)
- 1 lb tilapia fillets, rinsed and pat dried
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, chopped (seeds removed for less heat)
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 5-inch white corn tortillas (I used La Tortilla Factory Fiber & Flax)
- 1 medium haas avocado, sliced
- lime wedges and cilantro for garnish
Heat olive oil in a skillet. Sauté onion until translucent, then add garlic. Mix well.
Place tilapia on the skillet and cook until the flesh starts to flake. Add jalapeño peppers, tomatoes, cilantro and lime juice. Sauté over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, breaking up the fish with the spoon to get everything mixed well; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, heat tortillas on a skillet a few minutes on each side to warm (no oil needed). Serve a little over 1/4 cup of fish on each warmed tortillas with a slice or 2 of avocado and enjoy!