Eyebrow wax allergy?

• 6 Replies

Is it possible to be allergic to the wax they use to wax your eyebrows?  I just got my eyebrows waxed on Friday and it's been itching like crazy and I have alot of bumps.  Does that mean I have to find another place to wax? or can something be done about that?  Any advice?

Replies (6) displaying 1-6
renee4212

It could be a couple of things. Try putting ice on it and witch hazel. That should stop the itching. Also put neosporin on it to help with healing. 

Are you sure you didnt get a burn from the wax being too hot? Or it could just be something in that particular wax.

LaLulu1181

I'll have to try the witch hazel.  I don't think it was a burn because I don't see any burn marks but there are alot of bumps, kind of like razor burn.

Quoting renee4212:

It could be a couple of things. Try putting ice on it and witch hazel. That should stop the itching. Also put neosporin on it to help with healing. 

Are you sure you didnt get a burn from the wax being too hot? Or it could just be something in that particular wax.

NatVee45

How is it looking now? I would think that an allergy would be an automatic reaction since it's right on the surface. 

Once in a while I do get itchy and bumps but I think sometimes it's just the hair removal process.

LaLulu1181

It's not as itchy but it still looks pretty bumpy and a little bit red.  I'm not sure what it is =\

Quoting NatVee45:

How is it looking now? I would think that an allergy would be an automatic reaction since it's right on the surface. 

Once in a while I do get itchy and bumps but I think sometimes it's just the hair removal process.

amanda.nyc

I used to get that too with waxing! I think our skin is just really sensitive to the wax - some salons have an alternative wax for those who are "allergic".

I switched to eyebrow threading though - no allergy, it lasts longer and shapes brows better! :)

renee4212

I started doing that too. I really like it.

Quoting amanda.nyc:

I used to get that too with waxing! I think our skin is just really sensitive to the wax - some salons have an alternative wax for those who are "allergic".

I switched to eyebrow threading though - no allergy, it lasts longer and shapes brows better! :)

^*Renee*^