Welcome to MamásLatinas
join our community and talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

What is your preferred language?

English Español
I'm bilingual

By signing up, you certify that you are female, at least 16 years old, and accept the Terms of Service

What do you do with new makeup you don't like?

• 9 Replies

Do you return it to the store, give it to a friend, toss it?

Replies (9) displaying 1-9
Poodles

For Christmas I got a huge Estee Lauder set of makeup and a kit from Smashbox.  I was able to pull out 10 items plus the cute bags the items came with that I knew I'd not use.  I listed them on Ebay last week and today my auctions ended and I made $60 from 7 items. 

lizy
Wow congrats!... I usually give it to my sister.
Posted on MamásLatinas Mobile
Kimberlyrose83
I either give it to my Mom, Sis in law, or my neices.
Posted on MamásLatinas Mobile
ML Ingrid

I usually return it right away, especially if it's the wrong shade of concealer, foundation, etc. As far as eyeshadow and nail polish, I keep it and try to implement it with some other colors.

angie007

I give it to my sister

Proverb31Wife

I have a big shoe box full of makeup.  My niece in the photo is 6 1/2.  She's practically like my mini me shadow.  When she comes to visit she knows where I keep my makeup.  I'll give her a little makeover and what ever I used on her is makeup I don't usaully use or want anymore and I just give it to her.

wendywarren

give to my aunt

Poodles

Quoting Proverb31Wife:

I have a big shoe box full of makeup.  My niece in the photo is 6 1/2.  She's practically like my mini me shadow.  When she comes to visit she knows where I keep my makeup.  I'll give her a little makeover and what ever I used on her is makeup I don't usaully use or want anymore and I just give it to her.

Aw, that's sweet.  You're a FUN auntie!
She's a cute little girl. 

Poodles

Quoting ML Ingrid:

I usually return it right away, especially if it's the wrong shade of concealer, foundation, etc. As far as eyeshadow and nail polish, I keep it and try to implement it with some other colors.

I will return if I can too...but this batch came from "gifts with purchase" so they were not sold as individual pieces.