What do you do with new makeup you don't like?

• 9 Replies

Do you return it to the store, give it to a friend, toss it?

Replies (9) displaying 1-9
Poodles

For Christmas I got a huge Estee Lauder set of makeup and a kit from Smashbox.  I was able to pull out 10 items plus the cute bags the items came with that I knew I'd not use.  I listed them on Ebay last week and today my auctions ended and I made $60 from 7 items. 

lizy
Wow congrats!... I usually give it to my sister.
Posted on MamásLatinas Mobile
Kimberlyrose83
I either give it to my Mom, Sis in law, or my neices.
Posted on MamásLatinas Mobile
ML Ingrid

I usually return it right away, especially if it's the wrong shade of concealer, foundation, etc. As far as eyeshadow and nail polish, I keep it and try to implement it with some other colors.

angie007

I give it to my sister

Proverb31Wife

I have a big shoe box full of makeup.  My niece in the photo is 6 1/2.  She's practically like my mini me shadow.  When she comes to visit she knows where I keep my makeup.  I'll give her a little makeover and what ever I used on her is makeup I don't usaully use or want anymore and I just give it to her.

wendywarren

give to my aunt

Poodles

Quoting Proverb31Wife:

I have a big shoe box full of makeup.  My niece in the photo is 6 1/2.  She's practically like my mini me shadow.  When she comes to visit she knows where I keep my makeup.  I'll give her a little makeover and what ever I used on her is makeup I don't usaully use or want anymore and I just give it to her.

Aw, that's sweet.  You're a FUN auntie!
She's a cute little girl. 

Poodles

Quoting ML Ingrid:

I usually return it right away, especially if it's the wrong shade of concealer, foundation, etc. As far as eyeshadow and nail polish, I keep it and try to implement it with some other colors.

I will return if I can too...but this batch came from "gifts with purchase" so they were not sold as individual pieces.