Prepaid credit cards?

• 5 Replies
Do you think prepaid credit cards are convienent and are worth all the fees? Or is it better to have a credit card from your bank?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile

Replies (5) displaying 1-5
renee4212

It depends on whether your bank charges an account fee. That would be the same as a fee for the prepaid card. One other thing to consider is that there is no chance of overdraft fees for the prepaid card but their is with a debit card.

Kgmmw
Yeah it's good that you can't get an over draft fee but to load it each time costs about $4 That's the only downside I see to the cards

Quoting renee4212:

It depends on whether your bank charges an account fee. That would be the same as a fee for the prepaid card. One other thing to consider is that there is no chance of overdraft fees for the prepaid card but their is with a debit card.

Posted on MamásLatinas Mobile
TheDomesticPunk

I have a student bank account at TD Bank. I had a prepaid credit card before that. I have saved so much with TD Bank.

MrsDianaB
I have a Walmart card each time I load it it costs $3 and I think it's $3 a month
Kgmmw
Yeah I have one too which I never add money to

Quoting MrsDianaB:

I have a Walmart card each time I load it it costs $3 and I think it's $3 a month