Are you teaching your children fiscal responsibility?

• 4 Replies

Are your children at an age where they can understand the importance of money?

Are you teaching them about fiscal responsibility?

Replies (4) displaying 1-4
Proudmomof2

Yes, absolutely. My eight year old daughter has an allowance which she earns for the week and I have her budget out for stuff that she wants. She's thrilled over it and she's proud when she can purchase stuff. it makes her more careful about what she wants to spend her money on and what she really wants.

renee4212

We have done a bit of the same with our boys as well.

Quoting Proudmomof2:

Yes, absolutely. My eight year old daughter has an allowance which she earns for the week and I have her budget out for stuff that she wants. She's thrilled over it and she's proud when she can purchase stuff. it makes her more careful about what she wants to spend her money on and what she really wants.

^*Renee*^

Krise

yes of course. They both have always been "savers" they want something they have to earn it. A certain shoe or game, they will work and try to pay for it. Aloria has a bank account. 10$ every wk goes into her account. She is saving for a car when she's 16. Right now she has close to 400$ in there. Josiah has a digital money jar that adds up his change. He's not really saving for anything in particular as of yet. We are planning on him having an account soon too. Once we know he can really handle his daily chours in the house.

bella_latina

Yes they get allowance.