Those Couplon Freaks on TLC

• 19 Replies

I was watching a little bit of it last night. the "midnight madness, Black Friday" The more and more I watch this show, the more I dislike it. Just seems like a waste...

Replies (19) displaying 1-10
ML Lourdes

I've never seen it.  Is that the one where they use a million coupons for everything?

Krise

Quoting ML Lourdes:

I've never seen it.  Is that the one where they use a million coupons for everything?

YES.

Madrecardinal

What I don't get is that those women go every week and do that!  So what if it's on sale and you have coupons.  If they already have enough cereal for a bowl of cereal for the next 3 years they don't need to go buy more!

ML Lourdes

Yeah, I think they're messing it up for the rest of the people who use coupons regularly.

Quoting Krise:

Quoting ML Lourdes:

YES.

Krise

Quoting Madrecardinal:

What I don't get is that those women go every week and do that!  So what if it's on sale and you have coupons.  If they already have enough cereal for a bowl of cereal for the next 3 years they don't need to go buy more!

I agree! Just outrageous. PPl can go so over board on things. Just makes you look bad.

Mom2MyJ

They don't really.  I was reading an article and they said that they prepare for the show for weeks, and the grocery stores will promise to double their coupons even if they don't do it regularly.  Except for those that donate their stuff to charity, I agree it's disgusting to have 4 years of cereal sitting in your garage or whatever.

Quoting Madrecardinal:

Krise
Wow that's interesting.

Quoting Mom2MyJ:

They don't really.  I was reading an article and they said that they prepare for the show for weeks, and the grocery stores will promise to double their coupons even if they don't do it regularly.  Except for those that donate their stuff to charity, I agree it's disgusting to have 4 years of cereal sitting in your garage or whatever.

Quoting Madrecardinal:

Posted on MamásLatinas Mobile
sophiesmom07

Quoting Mom2MyJ:

Quoting Madrecardinal:

I agree! It's such a waste! It annoys me that they all seem so pleased with themselves and their ridiculous stashes.  I use coupons, but for things I actually need and use.  

libelulalatina

I like some of their tips, but don't like how they get all the items on the shelf, so if a "normal" consumer wants go get some, there's no one on it. 

tica1983

I've still never understood how they can buy so many at once! Most stores I know of have a limit on the number of each item if it's on sale- like if a case of bottled water is on sale for $3.99, most times it will say "Limit 4" or something like that.